Monday, May 9, 2011

Today was my first day as an intern! And let me tell ya, the memories of middle school came flooding back as soon as I stepped foot inside. It's interesting being on the other half of things. I'm now considered a "teacher" instead of a student and actually really like it so far! Feels good to put my knowledge as an artist to use and show these kids new ways of thinking and problem solving.

The mural we will be working on is going in the music hallway of John Glenn middle school. We had the kids sketch out some ideas according to the theme diversity and music. It was refreshing seeing the way they intuitively came up with solutions to the concept and will be interesting combining all of their sketches together into one cohesive mural. Tomorrow we are going to have the kids gesso the wall and piece together the complete design.


While the kids were sketching, I had a chance to come up with something of my own to inspire them to think more abstractly. Above is my interpretation of sound, a violin or stringed instrument. I'll be adding color to this the next chance I get but love how it turned out!

1 comment:

  1. I love your interpretation of sound, violin or stringed instrument. It's beautiful! Looking forward to seeing it in color too.

    ReplyDelete